Get Matched With Business Programs
What Business Major are You Interested In?
South Carolina is a great place to pursue a business degree. There are many colleges and universities that offer business-related programs. The most popular business-related degrees include those in accounting, business administration, and marketing. In addition to traditional colleges and universities, there are also many online options available.
One of the best things about pursuing a business degree in South Carolina is the variety of programs available. You can find programs that cater to your specific interests and needs all over the state. For example, if you want to focus on entrepreneurship and aim to start your own business, there are programs that will allow you to do just that. Or, if you're interested in working in human resources, there are plenty of programs that will teach you everything you need to know and help you get started in the field.
Another great thing about pursuing a business degree in South Carolina is the cost. Many colleges and universities offer affordable tuition rates, especially public college and university options, which cost less, offer easy transfers between schools, and provide plenty of financial aid assistance.
Compare Popular Online Business Programs
Online Business Education in South Carolina
A business professional is someone who has expertise in a certain area of business. They may have a college degree in business or they may have many years of experience working in a certain field within business. A business professional typically has strong communication skills and is able to think critically. They are also usually good at problem solving.
These professionals may know how to operate a business and how to navigate through the many different aspects of running a company, or they may be very focused on one particular part of business such as marketing, human resources, project management, business law and compliance, accounting, and more. It’s hard to provide a rundown of the day-to-day responsibilities of a business professional because it’s an umbrella statement that can cover a multitude of job roles. No matter which specialty they work within, a business professional must know how to act in a business setting. They must be excellent communicators.
Find Your Online Business Program
Online Associate Degree in Business(AS)
An associate degree in business is a two-year degree that typically requires that students take about 15 credits each semester. These programs prepare students for entry-level roles in the business world by teaching foundational knowledge and valuable skills. The curriculum can focus on the financial and legal aspects of business, as well as the relationship between the business market and consumers. Students learn how to communicate within the business world and gain valuable interpersonal skills. Online colleges often offer these programs at a low cost and with little inconvenience to those who are already making their way in the workplace.
An associate degree in business is an important asset for your resume as at least some education is required for nearly every business position. It can also increase your chances of career advancement. A degree from a traditional program or online college will help you stand out from the crowd and can enable to learn from seasoned business professionals. Furthermore, online business schools enable you to customize your degree to fit your career goals. And, if you want to work full time while pursuing your degree, an online program is a perfect fit.
Online Bachelors Degree in Business (BS)
In today's economy, a college degree is more important than ever. But what if you can't afford to go to school? Or what if you're already working full-time and can't take time off to attend classes? There are now many online bachelor's degree programs in business that allow you to learn from home, at your own pace. These types of programs have continued to become more and more common in recent years and they offer everything you would receive from an in-person degree, except perhaps for a head start on networking within the business world.
An bachelor's degree of any kind in business can give you the skills you need to start or grow your own business, especially if you choose to learn about entrepreneurship. Or the degree can help you get started in an entry-level position in a business while you try to decide what specialty you are interested in. You'll learn about accounting, marketing, human resources, and more. However, if you are considering earning a bachelor’s with more focus, there are a variety of business focused and business-related bachelor's degree programs, so be sure to do your research before choosing one. And make sure the program is accredited by a reputable organization as attending an unaccredited school can mean that you are paid less or even looked over in the hiring process.
Online Masters Degree in Business (MS or MC)
Obtaining a graduate degree has become a necessity for many in order to move up in their careers. The good news is that there are many different programs available, both online and on-campus. A master's degree in business can be completed in as little as 12 months and provides a more in-depth look at all the subjects you covered at the undergraduate level. These degrees often also offer concentrations, which can help you to move up in your current role or switch to a role that seems more exciting to you. Though many of these roles will require prerequisite courses, they may also accept work experience if you are hoping to move into management in a department you are already a part of. This may include human resources, marketing, accounting, and more options.
Curriculums for these programs typically cover topics such as accounting, finance, marketing, and management. Graduates of online master's degrees in business can expect to be well-prepared for careers in fields such as business administration, human resources, and marketing.
And, if you have the right background, you might choose to earn a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA), which focuses on creating management material and helping you to find a higher-level management or supervisory role.
Online PhD Degree in Business (PhD)
A PhD in business degree program is designed for experienced professionals who wish to focus on real-world business problems. These programs usually incorporate research skills and business management theories into the curriculum. Students choose the specialization they wish to pursue and can complete their coursework online in most cases. These programs consist of classes, seminars, professional residences, and research papers. The curriculum is usually flexible at this level and allows students to build on their strengths and prepare themselves with a specialized field of study.
In PhD programs in business, students choose a field of expertise and focus. The concentrations are often career emphases. For example, a doctorate program in accounting focuses on managerial accounting methods, corporate governance, and financial instruments. Students may also choose a focus area in healthcare administration. When searching for a program at this level, you should aim to find the perfect fit.
Online Business Certifications
Certificate programs in various business fields can help working professionals make transitions from one field to another or can help you move up within your current field. Not only can these courses boost your resume, but they can also help you gain an edge in the workplace. Most programs also offer focused coursework in one area. For example, a Certificate in Accounting will teach you how to create and analyze financial statements. In a Business Leadership Certificate program, you'll learn important business practices and insights from experts in the field. You'll learn how to develop and implement effective business strategies, while strengthening your decision-making skills. Moreover, you'll gain hands-on experience from instructors who are experts in their fields.
You should choose a certification based on what it will bring to your career, and there are many to choose from – too many to mention here. So, you might want to get some advice if the options seem overwhelming. You could ask your current employer what certifications would help you to gain access to promotions or you can check job listings for careers you are interested in and see if they make note of any certifications that are required or preferred. This can help you boost your career for years to come.
Find Online Business Schools
Become a Business Professional in South Carolina
Step 1: Obtain a degree in business from an accredited university or college
Obtaining a degree in business from an accredited university or college can be the key to a successful and rewarding career, whereas, earning your degree from an unaccredited source will likely end up being a waste of much time and money. A degree from a well-respected institution can open doors to opportunities that may be unavailable to those without one. Additionally, pursuing a degree in business will provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary for careers in a variety of industries.
Step 2: Gain experience working in an industry
The business world is always changing, and in order to keep up, you need to have experience. You can gain experience in the business world by working in an industry. There are many different industries out there, and each one has its own unique set of skills that you can learn. By gaining work experience, you will learn how that particular industry works. That knowledge will come in handy when it comes time to start your own business or find a higher-level role in that industry.
Step 3: Become certified in order to stand out from the competition
In order to be successful in business, it’s important to have the proper skills and knowledge. One way to acquire these skills is to earn a certification of some kind in business. This could be a management certification, project management certification, human resources certification, or even an IT certification if you are looking to work within the IT department of a company. These can help you to stand out from the competition and demonstrate that you are a qualified professional. They also provides an opportunity to learn about key aspects of business within a particular field such as finance, marketing, and operations. Additionally, certifications can help you develop your professional network and find new opportunities for career growth.
Step 4: Stay up to date on changes in the business world
In order to stay ahead in the business world, it’s important to be aware of the latest changes. The economy is constantly changing, you must keep an eye on new trends and developments. Staying informed will help you make better decisions and stay ahead of your competition. There are many sources of information available, so it’s important to find ones that fit your needs. This includes online resources, magazines, newspapers, professional associations, trade shows, etc.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor's in Business?
There are many options for what you can do with a business degree. You could start your own business, work in marketing or management, or become a financial advisor. A business degree can also prepare you for careers in law, healthcare, and education. With a little bit of creativity, you can use your business degree to pursue almost any career path you desire. After all, being a businessperson just means that you work for a business. That can be in agriculture, marketing, manufacturing, gambling, entertainment, logistics and shipping, human resources, construction management, and so many more positions and roles that you could find yourself in.
Potential Careers for Business Graduates
- CEO and other C-suite positions:
A CEO is responsible for the overall management and operation of the company. They set the company's strategic goals, make decisions on investments and acquisitions, and oversee the execution of the company's business plan. They are also responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders such as shareholders, partners, suppliers, and customers.
- Proven experience as a CEO or other senior management role
- Strong understanding of business finance and operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make decisions quickly
- MBA or equivalent degree
- The median annual wage for top executives in the US in 2021 was $98,980
- The mean annual wage for chief executives in South Carolina is $195,930
An entrepreneur is responsible for developing, launching, and managing a new business or enterprise. They must identify a market opportunity, develop a business model and value proposition, and assemble a team to bring the venture to fruition. The entrepreneur must also be able to raise capital, build and scale the business, and drive revenue growth.
- Proven track record of successful businesses or ventures
- Strong understanding of markets and customer segments
- Ability to raise capital from investors
- Exceptional problem-solving and team-building skills
- The median annual wage for top executives in the US in 2021 was $98,980. There is no exact tracking for the incomes of business owners in the US, but several independent sources (Ziprecruiter, Glassdoor, etc.) note that business owners make between $20,000 and $120,000 per year. Obviously, how much you are able to make by running your own business will depend on the type of business, where you start it, how well it does, and much more.
- The mean annual wage for chief executives in South Carolina is $195,930. Those same independent sources suggest that business owners in South Carolina earn between $19,000 and $86,000 per year
- Content Marketing Manager:
A content marketing manager is responsible for creating and managing content marketing campaigns to promote company products and services. This includes developing strategies, writing and editing content, coordinating with other departments, and measuring results.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in content marketing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- The median annual wage for marketing managers in the US in 2021 was $135,030
- The mean annual wage for marketing managers in South Carolina is $130,240
- Public Relations Specialist:
A public relations specialist manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a positive public image for the company. They develop and implement PR strategies, write press releases, manage media relations, and organize company events.
- Proven work experience as a Public Relations Specialist or similar role
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to think creatively and come up with new PR campaigns
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- The median annual wage for public relations specialists in the US in 2021 was $62,800
- The mean annual wage for public relations specialists in South Carolina is $60,360
Search Programs Offering Business Majors
- Supply Chain Manager:
A supply chain manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the supply chain for their company. This includes sourcing suppliers, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that products are delivered on time and within budget. They also work closely with other departments within their company to ensure that the supply chain runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Strong experience in supply chain management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- The median annual wage for logisticians in the US in 2021 was $77,030 and transportation, storage, and distribution managers earned $98,230
- The mean annual wage for logisticians in South Carolina is $72,710 and transportation, storage, and distribution managers earn $108,350
- Project Manager:
A project manager is responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of a project. They are also responsible for ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope and will be responsible for managing the project team, which may include hiring and firing team members, as well as delegating tasks and responsibilities.
- Proven experience as a Project Manager
- Experience in various project management methodologies
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- The median annual wage for project management specialists in the US in 2021 was $94,500
- The mean annual wage for project management specialists in South Carolina is $88,150
- HR Manager:
A HR manager will administer and coordinate all human resources activities and programs for the organization. They will develop and maintain positive employee relations and work closely with management to ensure the implementation of policies and procedures. They will also be responsible for recruitment, training, and development initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources Management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The median annual wage for human resources managers in the US in 2021 was $126,230
- The mean annual wage for human resources managers in South Carolina is $103,790
- Financial Analyst:
A financial analyst will support the company's financial decision-making by providing accurate and timely information. They will collect data, perform analysis, and develop reports and recommendations based on their findings and will also be responsible for maintaining and improving existing financial models and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The median annual wage for financial and investment analysts in the US in 2021 was $91,580 and financial specialists (all others) earned $73,240
- The mean annual wage for financial and investment analysts is $78,140 and financial specialists (all others) in South Carolina earn $82,550
- Data Analyst:
A data analyst is responsible for collecting, organizing, and analyzing data to help a business make informed decisions. They must be able to clearly communicate their findings to others in the organization.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Excel and other data analysis tools
- The median annual wage for operations research analysts in the US in 2021 was $82,360 and data scientists earned $77,620
- The mean annual wage for operations research analysts in South Carolina is $86,020 and data scientists earn $100,620