Get Matched With Business Programs
What Business Major are You Interested In?
Business colleges offer a variety of degree programs to meet the needs of today's business students. From two-year associate degrees to four-year bachelor's degrees, there is a program to fit every student's schedule and career goals.
Most business colleges offer a variety of majors such as those in accounting, finance, marketing, and management. Students can choose to specialize in one area or take a more general approach to their studies with a broad business major. Regardless of the major, all business students will take courses in economics, statistics, and computer science.
A business degree can lead to many different career paths. Graduates may find jobs in the public or private sector, working for large corporations or small businesses, or even within the state or federal government. With a business degree, graduates can pursue careers in marketing, human resources, finance, and even entrepreneurship.
Compare Popular Online Business Programs
Online Business Education in Connecticut
In the business world, the term “business professional” can have many different meanings. For some, it may simply refer to someone who has a college degree in business or a related field. Others may use the term to describe someone who has significant experience working in a corporate environment.
In general, though, a business professional is someone who possesses the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in the business world. This includes things like being able to effectively communicate with clients and co-workers, having strong problem-solving skills, and being able to stay organized and meet deadlines.
If you’re considering pursuing a career in business, earning a degree from a reputable business school can give you the foundation you need to be successful. However, it’s also important to remember that real-world experience is invaluable in this field.
Online Associate Degree in Business (AS)
An associate degree in business can open the door to many exciting career opportunities. Business colleges offer a variety of programs that can help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the business world, and those at the associate level can be earned in 18 months to two years depending on the amount of time you have to put into it and whether or not you can find an accelerated program.
Whether you're interested in accounting, marketing, or management, there's a program that's right for you. The two-year time frame for an associate degree makes it an affordable and convenient option for busy adults. The benefits of an associate degree in business are numerous. You'll develop strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, learn to communicate effectively, and gain a broad understanding of business concepts. These skills can help you succeed in any number of careers in the business world.
However, it’s important to note that some roles might require at least a bachelor’s degree or previous experience. These include specializations, such as HR or marketing, and supervisory roles. For these roles, you might want to start with a bachelor’s degree or transfer your associate credit hours in order to finish a bachelor’s at a lower cost as associate degree hours are generally less expensive and can transfer as long as they hold proper accreditation.
Online Bachelors Degree in Business (BS)
A Bachelor of Science in Business is one of the most popular degrees among college students. There are many reasons why this degree is so popular. For one, a bachelor's degree in business can lead to a variety of different careers in management, marketing, and accounting. There are also many different types of business programs available at colleges and universities. Some programs focus on specific areas of business, such as finance or international business, while other programs offer a more general education in the field.
Most businesses require that employees have at least a bachelor's degree in order to be considered for management positions. A bachelor's degree in business with a focus on entrepreneurship may also give graduates the skills they need to start their own businesses. No matter your goals, a four-year program can give you the breadth or depth of knowledge you need to succeed.
Find Your Online Business Program
Online Masters Degree in Business (MS)
A master's degree in business can give you the edge you need to continue to thrive and succeed in today's competitive business world. Whether you're looking to advance your career or start your own business, a master's in business can give you the skills and knowledge you need.
There are many different types of business programs available, so you can choose the one that best fits your goals and interests. If you're interested in a specific area of business, such as marketing or finance, there are master’s degrees and MBA programs that specialize in those areas. Or, if you want a more general overview of businesses, there are also programs that offer a broad curriculum.
No matter what type of program you choose, getting a master's degree in business can help you move up in your field, find new opportunities in your current department or a new field, or allow you to work in a consulting or business owner role.
Online PhD Degree in Business (PhD)
A PhD in business is the highest degree that one can earn in this field. This degree is usually only earned by those who wish to pursue a career in academia or research as it is not typically required for most business jobs. However, having a PhD in business can give you an edge over other candidates when applying for certain positions or it can provide you with a boost to your credentials if you are starting a tech business with your own know-how or working as a consultant.
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD in business, there are many different programs and colleges that offer this degree. However, you will need to have a strong academic record and be able to complete rigorous coursework. Most PhD programs in business take about four years to complete, so it’s important to make sure that you are prepared before beginning the program. Once you have earned your PhD in business, many doors in your career may open.
Online Business Certifications
There are many business certifications available to those interested in pursuing a career in business. Certifications can be obtained from colleges, universities, and professional organizations. Some common business certifications include the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). These certifications demonstrate a commitment to continued education and professional development.
Holding a business certification can give candidates an edge in the job market. Employers often seek out candidates with specialized knowledge and skills. Business certifications can also lead to higher salaries and increased job security.
Become a Business Professional in Connecticut
The business world is ever-changing and demanding. To be a successful business professional, one must be adaptable and have the ability to think outside the box. Here are some steps on how to become a business professional in Connecticut.
Step 1: Get a degree in business from an accredited college or university
If you're looking to start a career in business, the first step is to earn a college degree in business. The best way to do this is to attend a business school. There are many different types of business degrees available, so you'll need to choose the one that's right for you. Some common options include degrees in accounting, finance, and marketing. Once you've earned your degree, you'll be ready to start your career in business. There are many different types of businesses you can work in, so you'll need to choose the one that's right for you. You can work in a small business, a large corporation, or even start your own business. There are many different types of business degrees available, so choose the one that best fits your interests and goals.
Step 2: Get experience in the field
One way to do this is to intern at a company during your studies. This will give you the opportunity to learn about the different aspects of running a business and gain valuable experience that will be helpful when you start your own career.
Step 3: Network with other professionals in the field
You can begin networking with other professionals in the field of business while you are in school, while you are interning, by joining professional associations, and more. There are many ways to network with other professionals. You can also attend industry trade shows and conferences, many of which are offered by professional organizations, or connect with other professionals through social media platforms like LinkedIn. By networking with other professionals, you can learn about new job opportunities, get advice on career advancement, and gain valuable industry insights.
Find Online Business Programs
What Can I Do with a Bachelor's in Business?
You can choose from a variety of careers involving computer science. You can develop web-based applications, create games, or contribute to academic research. You can even create your own business by offering consultancy services or website-building services. A degree in computer science will help you develop your skills and knowledge in this area. You can join computer clubs at your university to gain valuable experience and learn more about the subject. Students can also join societies devoted to web design and multimedia. Then, when you graduate, you can build a portfolio of skills and experience.
If you'd like to enter the growing tech industry, a bachelor's degree in computer science may be the answer. This degree will give you a solid foundation in the field and lead to higher salaries. Computer science is highly valued across industries, and bachelor's degree programs often incorporate general education requirements.
Potential Careers for Business Graduates
- Operations Manager:
An operations manager is responsible for the overall operation of the company. He or she will be in charge of ensuring that all departments are running smoothly and efficiently. They will also be responsible for creating and implementing company policies.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- The mean annual wage for general and operations managers in the US in 2021 was $115,250
- The mean annual wage for general and operations managers in Connecticut is $141,330
- Human Resources Specialist:
A human resources specialist is responsible for a wide range of duties including recruitment, benefits administration, employee relations, and training. They play a vital role in ensuring that the organization's human capital is managed effectively and efficiently.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or a related field
- At least 2 years of experience working in human resources
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- The median annual wage for human resources specialists in the US in 2021 was $62,290
- The mean annual wage for accountants and auditors in Connecticut is $72,210
- Administrative Assistant:
An administrative assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support to the organization. They may take calls, file paperwork, and perform other secretarial duties. Those with more responsibility may also plan travel for executives, maintain a conference room schedule or the meeting schedule of one or more executives, and more.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- The median annual wage for secretaries and administrative assistants in the US in 2021 was $39,680
- The mean annual wage for secretaries and administrative assistants (except legal, medical, and executive) in Connecticut is $49,230
- IT Director:
An IT director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all information technology activities for the company. They will direct and manage the IT staff, oversee all IT operations, and develop and implement strategies for improving the company's overall IT infrastructure.
- Proven experience as an IT Director or similar role
- Experience leading and managing a team of IT professionals
- Extensive knowledge of technology trends and emerging technologies
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The median annual wage for computer and information systems managers in the US in 2021 was $159,010
- The mean annual wage for computer and information systems managers in Connecticut is $151,700
- Office Manager:
An office manager is responsible for the overall operation of the office and provides administrative support to the staff. They may also be responsible for maintaining food or coffee options for staff, ordering supplies when they run out, and more.
- Proven experience as an office manager or relevant role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field
- The median annual wage for administrative services and facilities managers in the US in 2021 was $99,290
- The mean annual wage for administrative services managers in Connecticut is $126,660
- Business Analyst:
A business analyst role is to support the organization in the planning, identification, and implementation of process and system improvements. They will work with business units to identify opportunities for improvement, assess the impact of change, and develop business cases to justify investments.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in business analysis or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The median annual wage for management analysts in the US in 2021 was $93,000
- The mean annual wage for management analysts in Connecticut is $108,820
- Project Manager:
A project manager is responsible for planning, executing, and monitoring projects. They work with teams to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget and also create reports and presentations to communicate project progress to stakeholders.
- Proven experience as a project manager
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- The mean annual wage for project management specialists in the US in 2021 was $98,420
- The mean annual wage for project management specialists in Connecticut is $100,040
- Public Relations Specialist:
A public relations specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining a positive public image for the company. They do this by creating and executing marketing and communications plans, writing press releases, and working with the media. They also build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as customers, clients, and employees.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in communication or marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The median annual wage for public relations specialists in the US in 2021 was $62,800
- The mean annual wage for public relations specialists in Connecticut is $73,420
- Content Marketing Manager:
A content marketing manager will be responsible for creating and managing all content for the company. This includes developing strategies, creating and editing content, and managing a team of writers. They will also be responsible for promoting the company's content through social media and other channels.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in content marketing or a related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading and managing a team
- The median annual wage for advertising and promotions managers in the US in 2021 was $133,380
- The mean annual wage for advertising and promotions managers in Connecticut is $139,200