Get Matched With Online Colleges
Manchester University (MU) is a private four-year university located in Manchester, Indiana. It was founded by the Roanoke Classical Seminary in 1860. The school offers degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
Overview of Manchester University (MU)
There are 1,400+ students currently attending the school and both on and off campus living arrangements are available. The majority of the student population are undergraduate students, and female students outnumber male students. All students at Manchester University are encouraged to participate in social service events and activities.
|School Type||Private not-for-profit|
|Campus Setting||Town: Distant|
|Student Faculty Ratio||14:1|
MU Acceptance Rate and Admissions
|High School GPA||Required|
|High School Rank||Recommended|
|High School Transcripts||Required|
|College Prep Courses||Recommended|
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)||Recommended|
|Common Application Accepted||Yes|
MU Tuition Cost & Financial Aid
These are the totals for various costs of attending Manchester University from a recent academic year. While some of these may be higher or lower - depending on if you live on campus, what books you require, whether you pay for a meal plan, etc. – this overview will give you a good idea of how much your schooling will cost altogether.
- Tuition: $34,436
- Books and Supplies: $1,000
- Room and Board: $10,438 on campus and $6,770 off campus
- Other Fees: $1,500-$3,340
- Total Expenses: $47,362 for students who live on campus, $45,548 in off-campus housing, and $40,141 for those who live with family off campus.
As for financial aid, 100% of first-year Manchester University students receive financial aid. In fact, 100% of these students receive at least some level of institutional grants or scholarships. However, 79% must still use some amount of student loans, at an average of around $6,780 per student. The average net cost, that paid for by students through student loans or out of their own pocket - is $20,226, though families making the least will pay around $13,180, while those making the most pay around $25,750.
|Average net price||2020-2021|
|Average Total Aid||$26,358|
|Students Receiving Financial Aid||100%|
|Room & Board||$10,438|
- Tuition In-State - $34,436
- Tuition Out-of-State - $34,436
- Books and Supplies - $1,000
- Room & Board - $10,438
- Other - $1,488
Below are some important pieces of data about Bentley University that you might not have considered. These can help you make decisions between schools if all else seems equal.
- Retention Rate – Manchester has a retention rate of 71% percent, which is around the national average. This means that 71 out of 100 incoming freshmen return for their sophomore year. From a student perspective, this means that you will have the chance to attend school with students you’ve known since you started, which makes creating lasting friendships and networking opportunities easier.
- Graduation Rate – 55% of Bentley students graduate within six years, while around 49% do so in four years. Some students finish sooner, and others need longer to complete their degree but a graduation rate of 55% is an excellent sign that students receive solid support while they complete their degrees.
- Student t Faculty Ratio: 15:1 – This means that there are 15 students to each instructor. This will allow for students to get assistance from their instructors if they need it, but class sizes are still big enough for active participation and discussions.
Overall, these statistics show that Manchester University is an ideal school for students who want a smaller school setting, but still appreciate the ability to get to know their fellow classmates and instructors. It’s also a school for those who want to have access to good networking opportunities during school.
Student Population Total
Most Popular Programs & Majors
(# of Diplomas Awarded by Subject)
|All Business Majors||40 Total Graduates / 21%|
|Business Administration and Management, General||10 Graduates|
|Marketing/Marketing Management, General||5 Graduates|
|Finance, General||4 Graduates|
|Parks, Recreation, Leisure, Fitness, and Kinesiology||28 Total Graduates / 15%|
|Exercise Science and Kinesiology||22 Graduates|
|Sport and Fitness Administration/Management||6 Graduates|
|All Education Majors||19 Total Graduates / 10%|
|Elementary Education and Teaching||7 Graduates|
|Education, General||6 Graduates|
|Physical Education Teaching and Coaching||3 Graduates|
|English/Language Arts Teacher Education||2 Graduates|
|Health Professions and Related Programs||19 Total Graduates / 10%|
|Pre-Medicine/Pre-Medical Studies||19 Graduates|
|All Psychology Majors||16 Total Graduates / 8%|
|Psychology, General||16 Graduates|
|All Other Diplomas||36%|
Outcome & Salary
Graduates of Manchester University can anticipate an early-career salary of $47,700, which is more than the national average of $37,960. At mid-career, graduates can anticipate earning an average salary of closer to $84,100. The projected earned income after 10 years is $673,830 and the total cost of an education at Manchester University is $71,752, which means that most graduates should be able to make a living and meet their expenses, including repaying student debt.
|College Grads Early Career Salary||$50,800|
|College Grads Average Salary||$69,000|
|College Grads Mid Career Salary||$89,500|
|Return on Investment (ROI)|
|10 Year Salary Earnings Potential||$690,000|
|20 Year Salary Earnings Potential||$1,585,000|
|Cost of Education (Net Price) 4 Year||$80,904|
|10 Year Projected ROI||$609,096|
|20 Year Projected ROI||$1,504,096|
|No College Education Salary Comparison|
|National Average Salary||$38,792|
|10 Year Projected Income||$387,920|
|20 Year Projected Income||$775,840|
Related Top College Resources